A Lot of New Things

Posted by Young Verde on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ayeee! So yeah, it's been 'Hao Long' (inside joke) since I last made a
post on this blog?!? LOL, even though it's almost been a year, I bet
there's only been 10 or so views on this blog during its long period of
delay.. ha. I had to wake up hella early this morning to get ready for
the busy day ahead... I ended up with nothing to do for the first 2
hours of my morning (besides eating breakfast, shower, etc); At the
first sign of boredom I just decided that I should log onto this mess
and give it another go around, I got nuthin else to do for now. So yeah,
here goes.

"A new start, new faces, new drama, and a new music video!"


New Warriors for a New Era
So, unless you've been living under a rock the whole summer, everyone in the Bay Area should already know by now that Baron Davis of our hometown Warriors decided to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers. Apparently, he was looking for a contract extension with Golden State, but the Warriors weren't committed to keeping him on a long term deal. Instead of signing with Golden State, Baron found a team dumb enough to pay him $65 million over the next 5 years (The Clippers). So I guess, rather than spending all of our money towards Baron, Chris Mullin decides to spend it on these group of players:

Corey Maggette (5 years, $50 million)


Ahh, for some reason or another, this guy keeps reminding me of the
rapper (and host of MTV's 'Pimp My Ride') Xzibit. lol. Maggette has a
real boring game, but his efficiency on the court should make up for it.
Damn though, 50 million is really pricey, even for a guy with his skillset;
GS overpayed a little to attain him, but hopefully it's worth
it.


=======================================

Ronny Turiaf (4 years, $17 million)


Heart, Hustle, and Energy... three words that perfectly describes
Turiaf. We're basically paying 17 million for a player coming off the
bench, but his scrappy play, hardwork, and intangibles makes this
signing worth the price. An inspirational individual he is as well, he
had to undergo heart surgery early in his career and was told he can
never play basketball again; luckily for him, things turned out in his
favor and he's in 100% shape to hoop.



Ronny can get 'hyphy' all he wants, now that he's in the Bay!

=======================================

Maurice Evans (3 years, $6.4 million)


There's not really much that I can say about this player, I haven't been
following his games and have rarely seen him in action. All I know is
that he's basically a spark off the bench that can provide perimeter
defense and 3 point shooting. Seems like a decent signing, we got him
for a good price.


=======================================

Marcus Williams (, 3 million)


At the wake of Baron Davis' departure, the Warriors have quickly found themselves a quality young player who can help to make up for the loss of Baron's playmaking ability. Although not signed as a free agent, Williams was traded from New Jersey to Golden State for a future 1st
round draft pick. He's a young point guard that will definitely flourish
in Don Nelson's system.


=======================================

Ultimately... with Baron Davis, Matt Barnes, Kelenna Azubuike and Mickael Pietrus all gone, the Warriors quickly found 4 useful players to add to the roster. IMO the bench so far looks to be greater than the bench of last season; the overall roster seems much more deeper than before. You never know what else Mullin has up his sleeve, though; I'm still expecting a couple more signings/trades this offseason.

WNBA Brawl?? More Drama at the Palace!
So I got home late last night and ended up finding something hilarious online. I have a sports website set as my homepage on Firefox (www.realgm.com); as I log onto the site, I notice a headline about some sort of altercation between the females over at the WNBA. I search the net and end up finding this video:


There are better quality videos of the 'brawl' online, but this was the first video of the fight to be uploaded on Youtube.

HAHAHA, this is probably the first time I've ever seen something
exciting in the WNBA. The Los Angeles Sparks had some sort of fight with the Detroit Shock and the Palace of Auburn Hills. Who knows, this could have even been some sort of publicity stunt to get more people to watch and talk about women's basketball!

I cannot lie though, being the hardcore basketball fan I am, I do catch myself watching the WNBA sometimes. All I gotta say is Candace Parker is a beast on the court (I say that as a compliment). She's not even one of those 'manly' type of WNBA players, her face seems to resemble Beyonce's face if you take a couple looks at her. The surprising thing, this girl actually beat Josh Smith and JR Smith in a dunk contest, while the three were in high school, LOL.














The Jacka - "All Over Me" (Music Video)

Finally, a new music video. I gotta say, I've never really seen a music video like this before; the cropped video clips in this vid is real unique... it gives off a real creative vibe on the overall look of the video. Reminds me of a mosaic, hah.


So yeah, that's basically it for now. I'll save this post and post it
later on today. Expect this blog to be a little more active from now on,
I'm gonna try to start posting on here whenever there's downtime,
hahaha.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)